During the A Midsummer Mingle event each of the hosts created an “experience”, a space that represented us. I chose to make a mountain retreat. A place warm and inviting to come and sit and relax, or maybe write some letters. I wanted to make the space particularly inviting for children. When I was a child growing up I loved to make cozy spaces and forts. I still love to make things cozy for small people.
If you didn’t get a chance to visit camp Meta at our event I thought I’d give you a tour of the space I decorated, with some guidelines on how to make your own Camp Meta. Here are some steps on how to create your own perfect cozy retreat.
2. An ample supply of globes to chart out your next adventure.
3. Pictures of family and art to make the space feel like home. The picture above is my mother when she was little.
3. Soft pillows to rest your head on. How cute is this so brave so strong pillow by Roxy Marj.
4. A desk for writing letters, or just drawing pictures of round, stick-like family members.
5. A thermos, an owl bank, and a one-eyed clay guy.
6. Layered rugs to soften the floor.
Here is a mood board of what you’ll need to get the look and make your own Camp Meta.
This post is sponsored by Schoolhouse Electric and Supply Co.