Henrik has been into bats lately and tells me almost every day how much he likes them. I thought it would be a fun surprise to make him a little bat he could wear to school or pin on his backpack. Of course Maja had to have a pin as well, so I made her a little cat. The cat and bat pins are really easy to make and require very few materials.
If you missed the tutorial last week on b kids here it is for your enjoyment.
To make the pins here’s what you will need:
* small pieces of black and gray felt
* Embroidery floss in black, gray, white, yellow, and peach
To make the bat pin:
1. Cut out the shape of a bat (2 pieces)
2. Sew the eyes in yellow (embroidery) floss, and the mouth of the bat in white.
3. Sew the two bat pieces together. Leaving a small opening.
4. Stuff the bat with a small amount of batting and sew the bat shut.
5. Sew the pin on the back of the bat (or you can hot glue it on) and you’re done!
To make the cat pin:
1. Cut out the shape of the cat face (2 pieces).
2. Sew the eyes in any color floss you’d like (I used green). Sew the nose and ears in pink or peach (embroidery) floss.
3. Sew the two pieces of the cat face together leaving a small opening.
4. Fill the cat face with a small amount of batting and sew it shut.
5. Sew the pin on the back of the cat face (or you can hot glue it on) and you’re done!
These two had so much fun modeling the pins, it was hard to get them to hold still for a picture.